About LARS/SBR 2017
SBR’2017 – 5th Brazilian Symposium on Robotics and LARS’2017 – 14rd Latin American Robotics Symposium.
The LARS and SBR (Latin American Robotics Symposium / Brazilian Robotics Symposium) aim at promoting a comprehensive scientific meeting in the area of Intelligent Robotics, bringing together researchers, undergraduate and graduate students of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Engineering and related areas.
The event will be held through technical sessions of oral presentation of full papers and technical lectures of recognized importance in the area.
The LARS and SBR are the major scientific/academic meetings of a broader event that has other relevant events on robotics, named ROBOTICA 2017. This event also comprises the LARC/CBR (Latin American Robotics Competition / Brazilian Robotics Competition), OBR (Brazilian Robotics Olympics), MNR (National Robotics Expo), and SBESC (Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering).
The LARS/SBR will be held in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil from November 8th to 11th, 2017.
We are looking forward to seeing you in LARS/SBR 2017.
The LARS/SBR will be held in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil from November 8th to 11th, 2017
From July 18 to September 1, 2017
From September 2 to October 6, 2017
July 18 – Sep 1
Sep 2 – Oct 6
|Full registration – IEEE or SBC member||R$ 550.00||R$ 700.00||R$ 800.00|
|Full registration – Non SBC member (Registration to LARS/SBR, INCLUDING association to SBC)*||R$ 745.00||R$ 895.00||R$ 995.00|
|Full registration – Non SBC member (Only Registration to LARS/SBR, no association to SBC)**||R$ 800.00||R$ 965.00||R$ 1075.00|
|Undergrad Student registration – IEEE or SBC member||R$ 250.00||R$ 385.00||R$ 495.00|
|Undergrad student – Non SBC or IEEE member (Registration to LARS/SBR, INCLUDING association to SBC)*||R$ 269.00||R$ 404.00||R$ 514.00|
|Undergrad student – Non SBC or IEEE member (Only Registration to LARS/SBR, no association to SBC)**||R$ 294.00||R$ 442.50||R$ 563.50|
|Graduation (MsC or PhD) student registration – IEEE or SBC member||R$ 250.00||R$ 385.00||R$ 495.00|
|Graduation (MsC or PhD) student registration – Non SBC member (Registration to LARS/SBR, INCLUDING association to SBC)*||R$ 325.00||R$ 460.00||R$ 570.00|
|Graduation student registration – Non SBC or IEEE member (Only Registration to LARS/SBR, no association to SBC)**||R$ 350.00||R$ 499.00||R$ 620.00|
|Extra paper fee||R$ 250,00|
|Basic Education Teachers (with comprobatory documentation)||R$ 200,00||R$ 350.00||R$ 450.00|
* The registration Fee includes the association to SBC – Brazilian Computer Society (Sociedade Brasileira de Computação), valid for 1(one) year. See the “benefits” of association to SBC.
** This values are for registration only, without association to SBC.
Please proceed to the ECOS Registration System to confirm and pay for your registration:
Credit Card and “Nota de Empenho”*** payments are available.
***”Registration by Nota de Empenho: The note must be sent by the ECOS registration system, selecting the payment option for “Nota de Empenho”, clicking on “pay” and following the guidelines. If you have any questions, Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org“.”
***”Inscrição por Nota de Empenho: A nota de empenho deverá ser encaminhada pelo sistema de inscrições ECOS, selecionando a opção de pagamento por “nota de empenho”, clicando em “pagar” e seguir as orientações. Caso tenha alguma dúvida, encaminhar e-mail para email@example.com“.
All registration categories include access to all the events in Robotica 2017, welcome reception and conference dinner.
Conference dinner accompanying adhesion can be purchased on the conference site.
For each accepted paper in LARS/SBR 2017 at least one author should register at full registration by
August 19 August 24th, 2017
Without registering, your paper will not appear in the proceedings.
Each full registration will be considered for up to two (2) papers in LARS/SBR 2017. If the author has more than 2 paper to be published, any additional paper will require an extra fee of R$ 250,00. For example, a registration of an author for 4 papers in LARS/SBR 2017 would be 1 (one) full registration + 2 (two) extra papers fees.
For the WRE co-allocated event, at least one author must be registered in the event (Full or student registration). There is no limit of papers.
The deadline for the registration refund request is at most two weeks prior to the event and the amount to be reimbursed will be 80%.
PROGRAM OF THE EVENT
Each accepted paper will have 10 minutes for oral presentation + 5 minutes of questions (total of 15 minutes per paper)
- Paper registration/submission site open: March 25, 2017
- Paper Submission Extended DEADLINE :
May 31, Jun 12, 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: July 24, 2017
- Camera Ready Submission:
August 12, August 19, 2017
- Early registration: July 17th to September 1st, 2017
- Regular Registration: September 2nd to October 6th, 2017
Papers must be written in English and must not exceed 6 pages in standard IEEE format including title, abstract, all tables, figures, and references. Papers should present substantial new results in theoretical, empirical and applied research related to the topics of the conference.
Template for MS-Word: MS Word template ieeeconf_A4.dot
Template for Latex: http://ras.papercept.
The proceedings will be submitted for inclusion by IEEE, to the IEEE Xplore site.
FINAL VERSION FOR ACCEPTED PAPERS: The final version must be submitted in PDF file following the IEEE Formatting Instructions.
The submission of the Final Version must be made until August 19th, 2017.
The submission of the Camera Ready Manuscript should be done in four steps:
1. IEEE COPYRIGHT CLEARANCE CODE AT FIRST PAGE FOOT
First of all, add to your Camera Ready Manuscript the copyright clearance code notice footnote in the first page, as follows. In the general case, the last option is the appropriate choice.
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-0956-9/17/$31.00 ©2017 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-0956-9/17/$31.00 ©2017 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5386-0956-9/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE
The detailed guidelines and templates can be found at:
2. FILL IEEE eCOPYRIGHT FORM FOR EACH PAPER
If a paper has been selected for publication in LARS-SBR-2017, the authors of the paper have to submit a Copyright Form, necessary for the inclusion of the paper in the proceedings of the conference, published by IEEE. This conference uses the IEEE Electronic Copyright Service (eCF). In the following, you can find all the necessary information on how to properly submit a copyright form. Please note that all clearances for publication must be obtained by the authors. By filling in the form, you are stating that the material in your paper is original and you have not previously released copyright for this paper and/or its content to another party. The paper cannot be published in the proceedings if the form is not properly completed.
Please fill in the required information in the grey box below and click the “Copyright Submission” button. You will be redirected to the IEEE Copyright submission site and a wizard will guide you through the process. A traditional copyright form with signature is not requested as it is replaced with the web form.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the IEEE Copyright submission site returns the error “IEEE Electronic Copyright Form, Non-authorized Submission Site”, it means that you are behind a firewall or you are using a proxy server. In that case, the process will not work. Temporarily changing the firewall settings on your computer (allow communication for your web browser) may help.
** Do not remove “LARS-SBR-2017-“; it should be LARS-SBR-2017-#, where # is the paper ID number.
3. CHECK IEEE XPLORE COMPATIBILITY
- First-time users: Go to http://www.pdf-express.org/. Select “New Users – Click Here“, then enter your email address and a memorable password, and the Conference ID 42147X
- Previous users: Go to http://www.pdf-express.org/. Enter 42147X for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account. When you click “Login“, you’ll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click “Continue“. By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to the GHTC conference.
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
- For each conference paper, click “Create New Title“.
- Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended).
- Click “Submit PDF for checking” or “Submit Source Files for Conversion“.
- Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click “Browse” and navigate to file, and click “Upload File“. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
- You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed. You can also get your checked PDF file at “Home – Title Status” section of PDF eXpress site.
- If your PDF submitted fails the check: Submit your source file again by clicking “Try again“, Read the PDF Check Report, then click “The PDF Check Report” in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions, or Request Technical Help through your account.
- If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF: Resubmit your source file with corrections by clicking “Try again“, or if that fails, “Request a Manual Conversion“through your account.
- If the PDF submitted passed the check: If the PDF passed, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDFeXpress-converted PDF, submit your IEEE Xplore compatible PDF using the link of SBC JEMS bellow.
4. SUBMIT CAMERA READY MANUSPCRIPT AT SBC JEMS
- Submit Camera Ready PDF paper at https://jems.sbc.org.br/home LARS-SBR 2017. Be sure to have the IEEE Copyright footnote inseeted at first page, that you filled the respective eCopyright form, and that the manuscript it was approved by PDF eXpress checking.
5. REGISTER AT CONFERENCE SITE
At least one author should register for the conference at Camera Ready submission deadline in order to get paper published.
TOPICS OF THE EVENT
1. Vision in robotics and automation;
2. Symbol mediated robot behavior control;
3. Sensory mediated robot behavior control;
4. Active sensory processing and control;
5. Industrial applications of autonomous systems;
6. Sensor modeling and data interpretation e.g. models and software for sensor data integration, 3D scene analysis, environment description and modeling, pattern recognition;
7. Robust techniques in AI and sensing e.g. uncertainty modeling, graceful degradation of systems;
8. Robot programming e.g. on-line and off-line programming, discrete event dynamical systems, fuzzy logic;
9. Multi-Robot and Multi-Agents, Cooperation and Collaboration;
10. CAD-based robotics e.g. CAD-based vision, reverse engineering;
11. Robot simulation and visualization tools;
12. Tele-operated and autonomous systems;
13. Micro electromechanical robots;
14. Robot modeling;
15. Robot control architectures;
16. Sensor-Motor control of Robots;
17. Robot planning, reasoning, communication, adaptation and learning;
18. Mechanical design;
19. Robotic Manipulators;
20. Robot soccer;
21. Evolutionary robotics;
22. Bio-Inspired robotics;
23. Robots for robotic surgery and rehabilitation;
24. Micro/nano robotics, new Devices and materials for robots;
25. Human Robot Interaction and Interfaces;
26. Education issues in Robotics;
27. Computing architectures;
28. Sensor Networks, architectures of embedded Hardware and software;
29. Self-Localization, Mapping and Navigation;
30. Multi-robot systems;
31. Aerial vehicles;
32. Autonomous vehicles;
33. Mobile robot platforms;
34. Service robots and entertainment robots;
35. Underwater robots;