Curitiba – Paraná – Brazil / November 2017
LARS 2017 – 14th Latin American Robotics Symposium
SBR 2017 – 5th Brazilian Symposium on Robotics
The LARS and SBR (Latin American Robotics Symposium / Brazilian Robotics Symposium) aim at promoting a comprehensive scientific meeting in the area of Intelligent Robotics, bringing together researchers, undergraduate and graduate students of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Engineering and related areas.
The event will be held through technical sessions of oral presentation of full papers and technical lectures of recognized importance in the area.
The LARS and SBR are the major scientific/academic meetings of a broader event that has other relevant events on robotics, named ROBOTICA 2017. This event also comprises the LARC/CBR (Latin American Robotics Competition / Brazilian Robotics Competition), OBR (Brazilian Robotics Olympics), MNR (National Robotics Expo), and SBESC (Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering).
The LARS/SBR will be held in Curitiba, Parana, Brazil from November 6th to 11th, 2017.
We are looking forward to seeing you in LARS/SBR 2017.
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
>> Paper registration/submission site open: March 25th, 2017
>> Paper Submission DEADLINE : May 31th, 2017
>> Notification of Acceptance: July 18th, 2017
>> Camera Ready Submission: August 12th, 2017
*** PAPER SUBMISSION INFO ***
Papers must be written in English and must not exceed 6 pages in standard IEEE format including title, abstract, all tables, figures, and references. Papers should present substantial new results in theoretical, empirical and applied research related to the topics of the conference.
All papers must be registered and uploaded by using JEMS
Any further information regarding papers submission can be addressed here
The proceedings will be submitted for inclusion by IEEE, to the IEEE Xplore site.
JOURNALS SPECIAL ISSUES
A selected number of outstanding papers, about twelve, will be invited to submit extended versions of the papers to important journals ranked by Brazilian CAPES at level A1/2 (this point will be announced in details soon).
*** TOPICS OF INTEREST ***
1. Vision in robotics and automation;
2. Symbol mediated robot behavior control;
3. Sensory mediated robot behavior control;
4. Active sensory processing and control;
5. Industrial applications of autonomous systems;
6. Sensor modeling and data interpretation e.g. models and software for sensor data integration, 3D scene analysis, environment description and modeling, pattern recognition;
7. Robust techniques in AI and sensing e.g. uncertainty modeling, graceful degradation of systems;
8. Robot programming e.g. on-line and off-line programming, discrete event dynamical systems, fuzzy logic;
9. Multi-Robot and Multi-Agents, Cooperation and Collaboration;
10. CAD-based robotics e.g. CAD-based vision, reverse engineering;
11. Robot simulation and visualization tools;
12. Tele-operated and autonomous systems;
13. Micro electromechanical robots;
14. Robot modeling;
15. Robot control architectures;
16. Sensor-Motor control of Robots;
17. Robot planning, reasoning, communication, adaptation and learning;
18. Mechanical design;
19. Robotic Manipulators;
20. Robot soccer;
21. Evolutionary robotics;
22. Bio-Inspired robotics;
23. Robots for robotic surgery and rehabilitation;
24. Micro/nano robotics, new Devices and materials for robots;
25. Human Robot Interaction and Interfaces;
26. Education issues in Robotics;
27. Computing architectures;
28. Sensor Networks, architectures of embedded Hardware and software;
29. Self-Localization, Mapping and Navigation;
30. Multi-robot systems;
31. Aerial vehicles;
32. Autonomous vehicles;
33. Mobile robot platforms;
34. Service robots and entertainment robots;
35. Underwater robots;
*** ORGANIZATION ***
Program Chair: Prof. Dr. Eduardo Todt – UFPR
Program Co-Chair: Prof. Dr. Flavio Tonidandel – FEI/SP
UFPR, UTFPR, IFPR
*** PROMOTION ***
SBC – Brazilian Computer Society [*]
CER – Robotics Council of SBC/Special Interest Group on Robotics (CER)
IEEE RAS – Latin American Robotics Council [*]
*** ROBOTICA 2017 ***
Robotica 2017 Co-events:
LARS and SBR: Latin-American Robotics Symposium / Brazilian Robotics Symposium.
LARC/CBR: Latin American Robotics Competition / Brazilian Robotics Competition
OBR: Brazilian Robotics Olympics
MNR: National Robotics Expo
SBESC: Brazilian Symposium on Computing Systems Engineering.