Robotics motivates and inspires people of all ages and education levels. In fact, many researchers have already shown that students get more interested and excited about learning several topics when robotics is involved in the learning process. As so, the use of robotics in education has gained great interest over the last decade. The Workshop of Robotics in Education is a forum for discussing scientifical, technical, educational, and other aspects about the usage of robotics in the learning process. The 9th edition of WRE (2018) will be held from 06-08th of November jointly with IEEE Latin American and Brazilian Robotics Conferences in Joao Pessoa, Paraiba, Brazil.
Conference topics of interest are, but not limited to:
- Robotics at school
- Robotics teachers formation
- Robotics competitions
- Educational robotics platforms
- Robotics in informal teaching (extra class)
- Study cases
- Methodologies and materials for teaching
- Web-based robotics
- Educational robotics simulation
- Robotics in education curricula
- Low-cost educational robots
- Social robotics
- Robot-student interaction
Paper preparation and submission:
– Original articles with a minimum of 6 pages and maximum of 8 pages, including references and all figures are welcome. Papers can be written in English (preferably), Spanish, or Portuguese. Notice that only papers in English will appear at IEEE Xplore Proceedings (so we encourage submissions in English). Paper preparation should follow the IEEE manuscript templates for Conference Proceedings, available at IEEE site:
– Paper registration and upload should be done via the JEMS system using the following link:
- Manuscript submission deadline (firm):
July 02nd, 2018July 20th (FINAL EXTENSION!)
- Review results: August 20th, 2018
- Final version upload: August 29th, 2018
- Event: November, 06-08th, 2018, Joao Pessoa, Brazil.
Registration and Proceedings
– Authors registered for LARS 2018 will be automatically registered for WRE 2018.
– Accepted papers in English will be published jointly with IEEE LARS main track papers at IEEE Xplore proceedings. Accepted papers in Spanish and Portuguese (if any) will be published as an e-book that will be available online at WRE website, with ISBN provided by SBC.